The Research Academy Leipzig is the central institution responsible for promoting early career researchers at Leipzig University.
Goals and Areas of Responsibility
As the Graduate Academy of the University of Leipzig, we offer doctoral researchers and postdocs in their orientation phase a wide range of support. In this way, we complement the offers in the faculties.
- We are committed to uniform standards and quality assurance in doctoral research.
- We offer counselling on all questions related to the doctorate, in cases of conflict, and on questions of career orientation and skills development after the doctorate.
- We organise workshops and events for interdisciplinary skills development in different areas of competence and thus support the career development of our members.
With the Leibniz Programme, we support international scientific exchange.
The Vice-Rector for Talent Development heads the Graduate Academy Leipzig and is supported by an administrative team and a board of directors. The skills development programme and the Leibniz Programme focus on interdisciplinary career development, international networking, and the systematic career advancement of doctoral researchers and early postdocs.
At Leipzig University, there are various doctoral researchers' representatives who work for the interests of doctoral researchers
Head of the Research Academy Leipzig
The Graduate Academy Leipzig Office is a section of the University’s Department 1: Research Services.
We offer members of the Graduate Academy Leipzig:
- a subject-independent counselling service on all questions related to the doctorate,
- support in career planning and development for careers within and outside academia,
- counselling in conflicts and crisis situations.
Together with the Research Service of Department 1, the Graduate Academy also advises the faculties on applications for the establishment of structured doctoral programmes.