The PhD student council introduces itself and presents some of the opportunities and challenges in a PhD program. Special focus will be on the topics of financing a PhD, supervision and doing a PhD under special conditions. There will be
ample opportunity for questions by anyone interested.
The workshop is open to all those interested. You do not have to be a member of the Graduate Academy Leipzig to participate.
Date and Registration
15.11.2023 | 14:30 - 16:00 REGISTER HERE
With your registration you agree to our terms and conditions.
Elisa Israel, Christopher Klapproth
Interested PhD applicants/candidates
We will begin with an official introduction by the elected members of the Leipzig University PhD student council. Following this, there will a 45 min talk about the PhD student experience at the University Leipzig which will discuss the following topics:
- The formalia: Application, PhD student list, etc.
- The student status: Enrollment vs. Non-Enrollment
- In short: Rules and regulations at different faculties
- Studying for a PhD with special challenges: Having a child, illnesses, etc.
- Challenges for international students and applicants
- The financial side: Scholarships, employments, other support
- Personal experiences
Finally, there will be an open discussion round with the opportunity to ask questions. Futhermore, we would like to invite anyone interested to a little gettogether
at 7 pm in the evening for a chance to have a chat with Leipzig PhD students in an open atmosphere.
- Elisa Israel, Christopher Klapproth
PhD students in the Bioinformatics department at the Faculty for Mathematics and Computer Science